• Lots to Celebrate

October 23, 2009

Hi, guys! Long time, no see!

Yesterday was absolutely INSANE! 😯 It was my first day back to my full-time job in a whole week and it was my second-to-last day and I needed to train a temp. I also had 2 calls at lunchtime and then I went to a fashion show immediately after work. Needless to say, it was crazy day!

So, I have lots to tell you guys! All good news! :mrgreen:

First, I won a Bertolli Sauce Sponsorship to the Foodbuzz Festival, which means that they will cover my travel and hotel expenses!!! I still can’t believe it!

My winning menu item:

Mini Five Cheese Sauce Sandwiches

Sliced ciabatta bread with fresh mozzarella, pepperoni, green bell pepper, minced garlic, and Bertolli Five Cheese sauce.

The Foodbuzz community will vote on their favorite dishes starting tomorrow through November 1. The top 3 will get to demo their item live at the Foodbuzz Tasting Pavilion on November 7 in San Francisco.

Many thanks to Bertolli Sauce for the honor! I’m so excited! 😀

Exciting thing #2…

Carrots ‘N’ Cake finally made it into a magazine!!!

Of course, it was cool to have my photo in Shape and my name in Health, but I was so bummed after my contribution was cut from the recent blogger piece in Self magazine. I really wanted my blog mentioned!

But, CNC’s shout-out in Health magazine as an inspiring weight-loss blog totally made up for it!!! I had a smile on my face from ear to ear when I saw it! :mrgreen:

It’s the November issue– the one with Jillian Michaels on the cover– page 146. Be sure to check it out!

And if life couldn’t get any better…

Yesterday, I found out that I received a partial scholarship to attend the Institute for Integrated Nutrition!!!

I’ve heard such great things about this program and I’ve been wanting to do it for ages! Now that I have a little more free time, I can finally devote myself to learning about one of my passions.

I chose to do the distance program instead of traveling to NYC– just to make life a little easier– so I start later this month!

Ahhhhh! So excited! You’ll be hearing LOTS more about it!

Snapshot 2009-10-23 06-13-59

And finally…

It’s my last day at Harvard!!!

Even though I’m excited to start the next phase of my life, I’m also sad to leave such a wonderful place. My bosses treated me so well and I loved working for them. They’re both such amazing people– I’m bummed that I won’t see them so often anymore.

But, I’m off to live my dream!

I just ate breakfast (toast with peanut butter and banana) and now I need to get ready for my last day of work!

Fashion show recap coming later this morning!

Joelle (The Pancake Girl) October 23, 2009 at 9:37 am

YAY, sounds like a great Friday for you! That Integrated Institute for Nutrition sounds very interesting.. as a NYCer interested in nutrition, I am going to have to check this place out…

Jessie (Vegan-minded) October 23, 2009 at 9:40 am

Congrats on the magazine, that’s great! So many exciting things are going on in your life right now, and it has been really fun to read about everything. :) The IIN program sounds really interesting too.

Lauren October 23, 2009 at 9:41 am

Congrats on everything! you deserve it!

Melissa October 23, 2009 at 9:42 am

Congratulations!!! This keep getting more and more exciting for you. It’s awesome! I love your blog and it’s great to read about all of your successes. You totally deserve them!

Runeatrepeat October 23, 2009 at 9:45 am

Congratulations! Very cool :) Best of luck in all the new excitement.

Rose October 23, 2009 at 9:46 am

Congratulations on everything, Tina!

Sagan October 23, 2009 at 9:56 am

I think I’ll be making a gourmet sandwich like that when I get home from work today… and that’s awesome that you’re in those magazines AND about the IIN! I’m so happy for you Tina. Your life is so full of adventure.

Susan October 23, 2009 at 9:59 am

Where to even begin? All I can say is congrats Tina – your hard work and dedication is paying off! Not only are you totally deserving of all these wonderful things, but you are inspiring others to pursue their dreams too 😀

Carolyn October 23, 2009 at 10:00 am

Wow! You have a lot of fantastic stuff going on. Congrats on all of it! :)

Kelly October 23, 2009 at 10:13 am

Congrats on the foodbuzz scholarship. I was bummed not to get it, but also happy to see that you and Shannon from Tri To Cook both got one. Nice to see that people I respect won. I’ll have to live vicariously through you.

Food Makes Fun Fuel October 23, 2009 at 10:15 am

Congratulations, congratulations, and congratulations!

Brooke October 23, 2009 at 10:19 am

Congrats on everything Tina! I was so excited to see you post about the IN program. It is something I looked into a few years back, but couldn’t do it. Now that they have a distance learning program, it might be possible :)! Thanks for the info! You’re a total inspiration for living out your passion and dreams!

Morgan @ Life After Bagels October 23, 2009 at 10:25 am

woohoo! you got lots of good energy coming your way, and you deserve it Tina

Missy Maintains October 23, 2009 at 10:37 am

Congrats! I am starting IIN in a few months too! Very exciting about the magazines!

Nicole (dishin') October 23, 2009 at 10:54 am

What a great post! You have so much going on in your life right now and it’s all because YOU made it happen. It’s very inspirational. You’re following your passions and it’s fun to be “along for the ride” with you!

Melissa (Melissa Likes To Eat) October 23, 2009 at 11:17 am

WOW!!! Congrats on everything!!!! Remember a few weeks ago how stressed you were about your upcoming decisions…..looks like you made the right ones! :) Now you can sit back, relax and enjoy the ride!

skinnyrunner October 23, 2009 at 11:27 am

congratulations on all your good news! its so inspiring to read about you living your dreams and passions! congrats again.

Lara (Thinspired) October 23, 2009 at 11:32 am

Tina! Congrats on all of this but especially INN! I remember you telling me about how much you wanted to go during our emails about AFPA. So happy for you. Congrats!

Kat (kats daily plate) October 23, 2009 at 11:44 am

Tina, BIG CONGRATS to you for everything! I am so happy for you and wish you all of the best on these endeavors. Of course, I will be reading along!
    Enjoy your last day of work. I’m sure its bittersweet, but you have so much to look forward to!

Lynn (The Actors Diet) October 23, 2009 at 12:15 pm

congrats on everything! so exciting – and you’re gonna love integrative – i have two friends (one is my coblogger, christy) who went there.

Tay October 23, 2009 at 12:27 pm

Wow congrats on all the exciting events!!!

RunToTheFinish October 23, 2009 at 12:31 pm

Yeahhh congrats!! so many wonderful things are coming your way, what an adventure

Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) October 23, 2009 at 12:43 pm

Congrats on the sponsorship and magazine mention!

Jenna October 23, 2009 at 12:48 pm

wow! such exciting news! have fun at your last day of work :)

Whitney @ Lettuce Love October 23, 2009 at 12:52 pm

Congrats, congrats, congrats!

Ellen October 23, 2009 at 12:57 pm

congrats tina! all major accomplishments. the scholarship to IIN has me especially excited for you! can’t wait to hear about it.

emily - eatventures October 23, 2009 at 1:03 pm

Congrats, all around!

Lizzy October 23, 2009 at 1:09 pm

Congrats my Love! this is all such amazing news and i’m so very happy for you! :)

Gabriela October 23, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Congrats on the sponsorship and magazine! Things are really working out for you, it’s sounds great! Have an awesome weekend!

Jess October 23, 2009 at 2:51 pm

so glad you’re going to be doing IIN this year! Me, too – I’m pretty stoked about it :) You’ve got so many great things going on – you deserve it!

brandi October 23, 2009 at 3:33 pm

congrats Tina! I hope we get to meet – I’ll be doing my Nature’s Pride Bread recipe!

Ashley J October 23, 2009 at 5:52 pm

Oh my gosh Tina congratulations!!!
    To get the sponsorships and scholarships, do you enter in contests or something? I’d love to check that out!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) October 23, 2009 at 5:58 pm

Such great news! I am so excited that you are attending the Institute for Integrative Nutrition as I would love to do that program. One of my good friends traveled back and forth from Nashville and complete the program last year. I would love to have her knowledge. Plus, they teach you a lot of marketing/business principals. Good stuff.

I’m glad you made it home safe and sound, and I’m sure Murphy was super happy to see his mama. :)

Pam October 23, 2009 at 9:15 pm

I signed up for the IIN Distance Learning program this week too!!
    I learned about it because you mentioned IIN in your FAQ page where you made reference to it and the Nutrition and Wellness Consultant course.
    You can get a CEU certification from SUNY Purchase for the IIN Distance Learning, which provides higher accolades since a University backs up the program. It does cost about $400 to get the cert, but I think it’s well worth it. Can’t wait to hear what you think of the program. Congrats!!