• Vermont Wedding Weekend: Part 2

August 10, 2009

After our run on Saturday morning, Mal and I quickly showered, dressed, and headed straight to brunch. We were famished! Luckily, The Gables Inn was serving breakfast just down the road.

IMG_4885.JPG

The Gables Inn was absolutely adorable! It had tons of Vermont country charm! :-D

IMG_4882.JPG

Mal and I ate our breakfast on the front porch of the Inn.

IMG_4884.JPG

Guests also sat outside under the Inn’s signature yellow umbrellas.

IMG_4873.JPG

IMG_4869.JPG

Mal loves Vermont… and breakfast! :mrgreen:

IMG_4872.JPG

The menu at The Gables Inn wasn’t extensive, but everything sounded incredibly delicious! And, of course, being in Vermont, all of the ingredients were fresh and local.

IMG_4879.JPG

For breakfast, I ordered the “Two on a Raft,” which was a toasted English muffin topped with two poached eggs, tomato, sprouts, melted Cabot cheddar cheese, and fresh herbs. It was delish! And for the rest of the afternoon, I could not stop talking about this breakfast! :mrgreen:

IMG_4881.JPG

If you’re ever in the Stowe area, The Gables Inn is a wonderful place to enjoy breakfast. The food is outstanding and the location/decor/vibe is quintessential Vermont.

Loved it! :mrgreen:

Vermont Wedding Weekend: Part 1

Bridget August 10, 2009 at 11:23 am

That sounds incredible!!! I think Vermont just moved up on my list…I havent been since I was like 10, we used to go skiing alot there, but I dont think I’ve ever been in any otehr season! Sounds like a perfect fall trip to me :) What an awesome wedding weekend!

Cait (Cait's Plate) August 10, 2009 at 11:29 am

HOLY YUM! That looks amazing! I absolutely love Stowe, it’s AWESOME for apple picking :) I’m glad you’re having fun. Mal looks so happy to be eating breakfast in VT! Haha.

Erica August 10, 2009 at 11:30 am

Vermont is so beautiful. Glad you guys had fun. This little restaurant looks ADORABLE! And what a great breakfast. I love the name of your dish. Hope your Monday is going well…I bet it feels like a longggggg day given the anticipation! ;)

Maria August 10, 2009 at 11:30 am

What a fun breakfast place! Glad you had a nice weekend!

Christie @ Quit Your Diet August 10, 2009 at 11:39 am

Looks awesome!

Quinn August 10, 2009 at 11:42 am

I love Stowe! We used to go up every summer when I was a kid!

Lizzy August 10, 2009 at 11:47 am

o holy yum is all i gotta say! that looks fantastic!

Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) August 10, 2009 at 11:54 am

That breakfast looks awesome!

Britt August 10, 2009 at 11:56 am

Yum, sounds great! Need to put that on the list for a weekend getaway sometime! We usually just zoom through VT on the way to the northern Adirondacks to visit my dad, might be nice to take our time and stop somewhere along the way.

Carolyn August 10, 2009 at 12:02 pm

That looks beautiful. The husband and I are going to have to visit that area soon. I imagine late summer or early fall would be the perfect time to go.

megan August 10, 2009 at 12:07 pm

My husband and I got engaged at the Gables Inn! We lived in NYC at the time and we absolutely fell in love with Vermont – so much so that we moved up here a few years later!! The Gables Inn is such a lovely place and the owners are so nice. Their breakfast is the best!

Amelia August 10, 2009 at 12:24 pm

Wow that breakfast does look amazing! You’re really making me want to go to Vermont! :)

Shannon (The Daily Balance) August 10, 2009 at 12:42 pm

WOW! Breakfast looks fantastic!

Meggilizz--Meggie's Munchies August 10, 2009 at 12:48 pm

I’ve never been to Vermont, but it looks absolutely gorgeous!! The sky is so bright and BLUE! The two on a raft is such a cute little name :D Looks great!

Meg C. August 10, 2009 at 12:49 pm

I love vermont in the summer! I was there a month ago for a wedding in Montpelier – such a cute city (or town… it’s tiny!)

Rebecca August 10, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Your breakfast looks so good! I want it!

Kate August 10, 2009 at 1:00 pm

Omg that breakfast does look to die for! I’ve never been to Vermont:(

Beth @ CrossBorderCravings August 10, 2009 at 1:01 pm

The sky looks absolutely beautiful! Glad you got to enjoy some good weather – I’m sure the bride and groom were glad too!

Cynthia (it all changes) August 10, 2009 at 1:20 pm

Off to Google this place. I would love that breakfast. Just enough decadence and would keep me full for a long time :-)

Sheri August 10, 2009 at 1:53 pm

Vermont looks so unbelieveable charming! Your breakfast looks so delicious! It would be something I would order and keep me happy for awhile :)

Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now August 10, 2009 at 4:45 pm

Those poached eggs look so good and hearty!

Lynn (The Actors Diet) August 10, 2009 at 4:56 pm

that breakfast looks quite delish….

Andrea@WellneeNotes August 10, 2009 at 8:46 pm

The breakfast looks sooo good! I think I’ll make some poached eggs for dinner..