• Agave Nectar & Berries

August 25, 2009

Yummy breakfast this morning! :mrgreen:

IMG_5986

And it was so easy to make! ;-)

To make the agave nectar and berry sauce, I just combined 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries with 1/4 cup agave nectar in a small bowl and popped it in the microwave for about 90 seconds– until the berries were fully defrosted and the mixture was warm.

IMG_5982

Then I poured the warm sauce over two toasted Van’s Organic Waffles. Mmmmm! The berries and agave nectar blended so well together.

IMG_5992

I also added a grass + caffeine smoothie and a no-cook peanut butter cookie to breakfast for some added staying power.

IMG_5988

Examples Workouts

This morning, I practically bounded out of bed to do this circuit training workout that I had forgotten about until recently. It’s funny how old (new?) workouts can motivate me like that! I also sort of forgot about all of these workouts that I have posted on the blog since its beginning. And there are even more example workouts here (just scroll through my older posts).

If you won $1 million, what would you do with it?

Ali August 25, 2009 at 12:17 pm

I would pay off my debut. Quit my job and blog full time. Pay my parents back for all my schooling they paid for and by my grandpas house.

Brekkie looks amazing!

Tay August 25, 2009 at 12:31 pm

I made similar syrup the other day with frozen blueberries and maple syrup! Delish!! Thanks for those workouts…i zm always on the lookout for new ones! Hmmm with all that money I would pay off my school loans, save most for a house, take my family on a wondefful vacation, and shop :-)

Beth @ CrossBorderCravings August 25, 2009 at 12:35 pm

Fun question! I really want to go to culinary school so I would def. spend money on that. Not to be boring but I’d probably put the rest towards a house and furniture – a house of my own would be nice!! :O)

kay (eating machine) August 25, 2009 at 12:46 pm

I would pay off my student loans, and buy a house!
    We’re house hunting right now (latest love is on my blog) and if we had just a little more money there’d be so many more houses to choose from in the part of town we want…

Carolyn August 25, 2009 at 1:17 pm

I’d bankroll my best friends kids future college educations, with padding…So they would have one less thing to worry about… I live in SE Michigan…We have a lot to worry about here right now…

I would give my best friends 10,000 each tax free (or however much that gift taxless thing is) because almonst no one actually gives each other money for no reason …I would bank anything left over, for our future… Cause it’s about to get interesting around the US…

Jenny August 25, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Interesting article… orthorexia seems to be predominant on food blogs

Sarah August 25, 2009 at 1:59 pm

Your breakfast sounds delicious – I might even sandwich a little cottage cheese or Greek yogurt in between the Vans to up the protein, but I’m a protein freak!

Not sure about the million dollars!

MarathonVal August 25, 2009 at 2:03 pm

I would pay my parents back for my undergrad loans,pay back the loan companies for my grad school loans, open my own vegan restaurant/bakery and open my own nonprofit! :)

kristina August 25, 2009 at 3:16 pm

Okay… Heaven on a plate!!! I have frozen strawberries and blueberries at home also agave.. I need to make some waffles and then I am SO joining in on this.. Thanks

Sara August 25, 2009 at 3:56 pm

My, does that look delicious! Straight out of a diner. …Except, fresh and light :)

Lynn (The Actors Diet) August 25, 2009 at 5:13 pm

what a terrific breakfast!
    if i had a million dollars….house, house, baby.

MB August 25, 2009 at 7:22 pm

I just bought my MegaMillions tickets for tonight so I’ve been dreaming about what I would do with the money. The first thing I would do is quit my job. After that, I would pay off my debt and try to get a decent house. If I win the mega multi million dollar jackpot I would share the winning with my friends and family for sure. Dare to dream …

angieinatlanta August 25, 2009 at 8:03 pm

Holy deliciousness! Great idea for the syrup!