Yummm! I’m loving these Nasoya Silken Creations! They’re awesome to bake with!
Silken Vanilla Cake
Makes 12 pieces
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup Nasoya Vanilla Silken Creations
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- Spray 8 X 8 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until center is firm.
- Allow to cool before frosting.
My Silken Vanilla Cake turned out so incredibly soft, fluffy, and vanilla-y. It reminded me a lot of Duncan Hines yellow cake, but, of course, dairy-free, lactose-free, low-fat, and vegan. All this cake really needed was a thick layer of chocolate frosting. It’s all about balance, right?!?
I honestly cannot wait to make this cake for someone’s birthday! I have a feeling it will be a real crowd-pleaser!