• Mike & Patty’s

July 26, 2009

Wow. I am totally floored by Mike and Patty’s! What a cool, little place! :-D

IMG_4082.JPG

Located on Church Street in Bay Village, Mike and Patty’s is a neighborhood sandwich shop, offering breakfast and lunch.

IMG_4084.JPG

Mike and Patty’s is small on the inside, so when were arrive around 10:30 this morning, the place was packed with customers.

IMG_4085.JPG

There was even overflow onto the street!

IMG_4087.JPG

You can maybe fit ten people (standing) in the whole restaurant, but it’s amazing what they do in a space just barely bigger than a walk-in closet!

IMG_4052.JPG

The shop’s menu is written on two large chalkboards and displayed clearly on the white wooden walls. The prices are just right, especially since the food is absolutely fantastic!

IMG_4053.JPG IMG_4054.JPG

‘Adorable’ definitely describes the decor! :-D

IMG_4055.JPG IMG_4056.JPG

I loved that they had agave nectar available to sweeten my iced coffee! :-D

IMG_4058.JPG

Even with the mad brunch rush, the staff at Mike and Patty’s are incredibly friendly and attentive. As cheesy as this may sound, Mal and I were greeted and served as if we were old friends.

IMG_4067.JPG

Everything on the menu seriously sounded so delicious– I could have easily ordered one of everything! I ending up having the North South Classic, which is egg and cheese with sautéed collard greens on an english muffin.

IMG_4069.JPG

It was SO tasty! :mrgreen: It was perfect for brunch!

IMG_4072.JPG

Mal’s sandwich was the real star of brunch, however. He ordered the Bacon and Egg, Fancy with cheddar, avocado, red onion, and house mayo on toasted multigrain. Omg. Most amazing breakfast sandwich ever!

IMG_4068.JPG

Mal could not stop raving about this sandwich– even after we finished eating! It’s deliciousness blew his mind!

IMG_4074.JPG IMG_4075.JPG

A Groupon brought us into Mike and Patty’s, so after we purchased our sandwiches and iced coffees, we still had a few dollars to spend. The folks at Mike and Patty’s encouraged us to purchase some of their donuts.

.IMG_4062.JPG

They were GOOD! Mal and I split a chocolate glazed one.

IMG_4064.JPG

Bottomline: Mike and Patty’s is outstanding in every way! Mal and I already have plans to go back for their Croque Monsieur. :mrgreen:

She-Fit July 26, 2009 at 5:32 pm

Awh, I love little restaurants like these! Never understood why they never expand their stores to get more business but I guess it makes it feel more homey. Love the food. Enjoy the last day of the weekend :)

Evan Thomas July 26, 2009 at 5:38 pm

I’ll definitely need to find that place and try it out. I’ve been an avocado nut recently and that sandwich looks awesome

Lauren July 26, 2009 at 5:39 pm

This place has my name written aaalll over it :) I’m taking John soon!

Erica July 26, 2009 at 5:59 pm

What a cute place. I love tiny, homey restaurants!

emily July 26, 2009 at 6:08 pm

that sandwich looks awesome, collard greens are good with anything!

Cait (Cait's Plate) July 26, 2009 at 6:17 pm

That place looks seriously amazing. I feel like the smaller places are, the BETTER they are. It’s always the small hole-in-the-wall places that are best :)

Sarah (Running to Slow Things Down) July 26, 2009 at 6:17 pm

What a lovely little place!!! It’s got such a cozy vibe to it. And the breakfast sandwiches look fantastic! I’ll have to check the place out next time I’m up there! :D

Christie @ Quit Your Diet July 26, 2009 at 6:39 pm

What a charming little place. That sandwich looks so tasty! I never thought to add avocado to bacon and egg before!! Yum!

Shelby July 26, 2009 at 6:44 pm

Aw, I love places like that! The avocado sandwich looks amazing! But anything with avocado is a favorite of mine =)

Natalie July 26, 2009 at 6:49 pm

I love quaint places like that! The sandwiches look AMAZING :)

Deva July 26, 2009 at 7:16 pm

Your sandwiches look sooo good! I love the idea of adding avocado to the egg sammich :-)

Sara July 26, 2009 at 7:37 pm

I’ve walked by here a few times but haven’t been in yet… I think I’ll check it out this week. Great review- you should Yelp!

Lynn (The Actors Diet) July 26, 2009 at 7:39 pm

you know a place is good when there are people spilling out on the sidewalk!

Cynthia (it all changes) July 26, 2009 at 7:58 pm

I love little places like this. They always have much better food than the big chains. I’m definitely going to have to go back and look at some of your posts before Hunni and I go to Boston this fall.

I just had avocado in my salad and Mal’s sandwich looked DIVINE! I may have to try it at home :-)

Meghan@traveleatlove July 26, 2009 at 8:15 pm

Yum! I love Bay Village (have been looking at condos there but everything in our price range is a closet!) and will have to check that out.

Jenny July 26, 2009 at 8:38 pm

What a fabulous brunch out!!!! I love places like that! Both of y’alls sammy look SO good!

Kelly July 26, 2009 at 8:59 pm

It looks absolutely adorable. It reminds me a bit of Flour Bakery which I absolutely love. While you’re checking out Boston brunch places I recommend S&S in Cambridge, Sound Bytes in Somerville, as well as Zaftigs in Brookline. I love brunchie spots.

Amy July 26, 2009 at 9:00 pm

Im pretty sure I love your blog the most of the ones I follow! You and Mal always visit such great places and gives me fantastic ideas!! Thanks for sharing your fun life with us, Tina!

Amy July 26, 2009 at 9:15 pm

You are sooo lucky to live in such a fantastic city Tina!

Even though I’m a Yankees fan, I loooove Boston!

Rebecca July 26, 2009 at 10:59 pm

That place looks adorable!! My boyfriend and I are heading to Boston for the day next week. Maybe we’ll stop there!! There’s a place like that near me in New Paltz, NY. It’s called the Main Street Bistro and they are ALWAYS packed!! It’s tiny like the place you described and they have the most original menu!! And since it’s located in a college town, the prices are amazing. You can get eggs, homefries, & toast for $1.95!! It’s my favorite place to go after a night of too many drinks!

Leianna July 26, 2009 at 11:00 pm

Breakfast sandwiches are the best breakfast ever! I might have to try that recipe for the one Mal got, looks AMAZING!

Caroline July 27, 2009 at 12:10 am

Wow! Fabulous sandwiches! I’d love to find a place that serves collards on a sandwich around here;)

Jocelyn July 27, 2009 at 12:44 am

wow Mal’s breakfast sammy looks UHMAZING!!!
    For such a tiny place they sure do have lots of customers! Looks good! Love the fact that they use agave nectar too!

Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) July 27, 2009 at 2:01 am

The sandwiches look so good!

Rebeca July 27, 2009 at 4:32 am

I’m drooling over Mal’s sandwich… I’m gonna have to try recreating it!

Ashley July 27, 2009 at 3:54 pm

Such a cute little place! Groupons are amazing. I’ve used one for mini gold, a cleaning service in my apt, and happy hour deals.

The Healthy Apple July 27, 2009 at 4:42 pm

Wow; what an adorable lil place…Mal’s sandwich looks amazing; my mouth is watering just looking at it, hehe…The next time I’m in Boston I’m def. going there…Great post, Tina.

Best,

Amie

Jess July 28, 2009 at 10:39 am

Wow, both your sandwiches look great! I love collards, but never though to put them on a breakfast sammy. I will totally be recreating your brunch in the very near future!

Sarah July 28, 2009 at 3:33 pm

The avocado on Mal’s sandwich looks so tasty! What a cute little place ;-)

cake August 16, 2009 at 2:44 pm

i feel the same way Mal did about his sandwich. i can’t stop thinking about the Croque Madame that Mike made for me. heaven. i’ll probably have to blog about it too!