• Fremont Coffee

June 20, 2009

Hi, guys! Mal and I landed in Seattle late last night, so we crashed as soon as we arrived at my sister-in-law’s apartment.

I slept like a rock last night, but being on Boston time, I woke up bright at early around 6:00 AM (PST). It was quiet, so I finished next week’s Feel Great Weight article before waking-up Mal for a coffee run.

Mal’s sister, Sibylle, lives in such a fun part of Seattle, called Fremont. It reminds me so much of Burlington, Vermont, where I would live in a heartbeat if it didn’t snow 7 months out of the year. Taking Sib’s advice, we grabbed our morning cup o’ joe at Fremont Coffee, a funky house-turned-coffee-shop with a cute porch out front.

The staff at Fremont Coffee were super friendly and upbeat. Mal and I chatted away with one of the baristas while waiting for our coffees.

I ordered an iced coffee with room for soy milk to which I added brown sugar. The brown sugar added a nice, smooth sweetness to my coffee. I’ll have to remember this addition for future iced coffees!

I’m lovin’ Seattle!

Mal’s parents just arrived. We’re celebrating my birthday with a pancake brunch. :mrgreen:

Bree June 20, 2009 at 12:22 pm

Seattle looks really nice! I laughed when you said it snows in VT 7 months out the year, seriously you weren’t joking! It started snowing in Oct and stopped in April this year! I am still waiting for summer to arrive! But all in all, it is really great to live here :) Enjoy your birthday brunch!

Meghan June 20, 2009 at 12:27 pm

Brown sugar in coffee sounds yum. I just love the Pacific Northwest, make sure to have some nice Pinot Noirs!

leslie June 20, 2009 at 12:37 pm

i love cafes with homey atmospheres like that. perfect start to the day!

Rachel June 20, 2009 at 12:41 pm

Go see the Fremont Troll!

maria June 20, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Enjoy your pancakes!

Shelby June 20, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Mmm, I hope you enjoy your pancakes!

Now I want some…for lunch ;)

Jennifer June 20, 2009 at 12:46 pm

I LOVE your necklace!!!! You have great style!

Becca June 20, 2009 at 12:47 pm

That is an awesome coffee shop. Fremont is so great for its little indie record stores and clothing shops – I’m so jealous that you get to spend the first part of your trip there! Have a good breakfast!

Sherry June 20, 2009 at 1:25 pm

If you are in Fremont, don’t miss the Flying Apron for a meal. Incredible vegan baked goods for dessert, yummy salads that you can combine for a great price and delicious warm food, too. Healthy and earthy and one of the best places we have ever eaten.

Brandi June 20, 2009 at 1:43 pm

that place looks so cool! enjoy the birthday pancake brunch :)

L June 20, 2009 at 2:22 pm

I’m right below Seattle, in Portland, Oregon. Seattle is such a fun city!!! Make sure to go to Pike Place Market ;)

Lynn (The Actors Diet) June 20, 2009 at 2:32 pm

Hope you’re having fun! Is it raining?!

Pearl June 20, 2009 at 2:46 pm

have a great time!

april June 20, 2009 at 3:25 pm

I love your outfit! Very cute!

Melissa June 20, 2009 at 3:38 pm

What a great coffee shop! I love finding places like that. : )

emily June 20, 2009 at 3:39 pm

that necklace is fantabulous! Do you mind saying where it is from?

D June 20, 2009 at 3:43 pm

I have been there, it is indeed a great place and the people who work their are quite friendly.

LisaM June 20, 2009 at 3:46 pm

Hi Tina!
    I go to the University of Washington (which is close to Fremont) and I am so glad that you are loving Seattle!
    A few Seattle Foodie recommendations:
    Fremont:
    -Flying apron Bakery : completely organic, vegan, and gluten-free!
    -essential bakery: (in between Fremont and UofW on the Burke Gilman trail) The best bread ever! Good tea and coffee too
    -Three girls Bakery: (in Pikes Market) They sell the biggest cookies and cinnamon roles I have ever seen! We always stop in after our schools 10K run in the fall
    - Cafe Flora: (Madison Park) Vegetarian, seasonal food prepared really well in a beautiful location. A bit of a splurge place but SO good. Get the sweet potato fries!

Erin W. June 20, 2009 at 3:49 pm

Seattle is high on my list of places to visit – so I can’t wait to see all you do! If you get time, you should have dinner at a Tom Douglas restaurant (I hear Dahlia Lounge is amazing), and maybe get a cupcake at the famous Cupcake Royale. And of course visit Pike Market & Space Needle. Have fun!!

Christie @ Find My Weigh June 20, 2009 at 5:12 pm

Looks like your trip is already off to a great start! I love little local coffee shops! When we got to the OBX in the summer, we actually rent the house we stay in because of its proximity to our favorite local coffee shop! What can i say, they make a killer latte!

Nhuy June 20, 2009 at 6:57 pm

Have fun in Seattle!
    Fremont…Theo chocolate!!!

Lisa June 3, 2010 at 2:33 pm

Fremont is one of my favorite neighborhoods. Lots of cool restaurants!