• Awake for Hours

June 13, 2009

No joke, I woke up at 4:45 this morning. I was totally wide awake and could NOT fall back asleep. What’s wrong with me?!? I went to bed early last night, but waking up before 5:00 AM on a weekend is unacceptable! :evil:

I did, however, make use of the extra hours and got A LOT accomplished. It’s not even 9:00 AM, but I’ve tackled almost all of my to do list! There will be LOTS of PLAYING today! YAY! :mrgreen:

Today’s To Do List:

• Call realtor
    • Call Mom
    • Exercise
    • Health post
    • Examiner post (Read it here!)
    • Set up fridge posts
    • Set up giveaway post
    • Physical therapy exercises
    • Laundry (half done)
    • Whole Foods
    • Card for AP
    • CVS
    • Start packing
    • Clean closet
    • Family dinner night?

Breakfast

I replaced our dining room table placemats this morning with some new ones. I think I like them? I’m sure you guys were getting sick of looking at the blue flowery ones anyway. ;-)

Excellent bowl of oats this morning! In the mix:

• 1/2 cup oats
    • 1/4 cup oat bran
    • 3/4 cup vanilla hemp milk
    • 1 banana
    • 2 packets of Barney Butter

With delicious iced coffee…

Workout

Guys, remember when I used to post my workouts all of the time? What happened to that? I want to start doing it again. I’m sure you guys appreciate it and it’s also a great way to keep myself on track with exercise. Feel free to bug me if I slack off! Here’s this morning’s workout:

Strength Training: 35 minutes

• Squats with 15 lb. dumbbells (15 reps X 4 sets)
    • Alternating lunges with 15 lb. dumbbells (15 reps X 4 sets)
    • Stationary lunges with 15 lb dumbbells (15 reps X 4 sets)
    • Deadlifts with 20 lb. dumbbells (15 reps X 3 sets)
    • Calf raises with 20 lb. dumbbells (20 reps X 3 sets)
    • Military press with 12 lb. dumbbells (15 reps X 3 sets)
    • Lat pull-downs on machine using 40 lbs. (15 reps X 3 sets)
    • Crunches (30 reps X 3 sets)

Cardio: 30 minutes

• Treadmill walk on 7.5 incline at 3.7 – 4.0 MPH
    Lots of FUN stuff planned for today! See ya later on! 8-)

ari June 13, 2009 at 8:43 am

my oatmeal never looks half as good as yours. boo!
    and i agree you should post your workouts! i definitely use them for inspiration

*Andrea* June 13, 2009 at 8:47 am

nothing beats sleeping in on a weekend; however i’d rather be able to play longer and get my to-do stuff done ;) go you!!! also – i love when u post the workouts, they help me A TON!!!

Brandi June 13, 2009 at 8:48 am

sorry you couldn’t sleep! we were up at 6, which is almost as bad on a Saturday. We just can’t sleep in anymore!

Great job getting so much stuff out of the way so early! Hope you enjoy your Saturday :)

Rebeca June 13, 2009 at 9:03 am

Don’t you hate it when all week long you can’t seem to get up with your alarm and BAM! on the weekends you wake up way before it would have gone off, grr!

Now that you have your Saturday off to such a fabulous start… you’ll have more time for relaxing on Sunday :)

I love your workout additions. Thanks for sharing!

maria June 13, 2009 at 9:14 am

I always wake up early on weekends. It is not fun, but my body just automatically says get up:)

Emily (Healthy Fit Mama) June 13, 2009 at 9:15 am

Bummer that you couldn’t sleep! At least you got lots done this morning. Have a good day!

Danielle June 13, 2009 at 9:26 am

Hope you have lots of extra FUN today, and aren’t too sleepy to enjoy it! :)

K June 13, 2009 at 9:46 am

Wow you’ve been a busy lady today!! Sorry you couldn’t sleep in – I couldn’t either! Have fun today :)

Ada June 13, 2009 at 9:52 am

That breakfast looks great! Enjoy your weekend, don’t try to get too much done :)

Katherine June 13, 2009 at 10:03 am

Oooh I love seeing your workouts! They’ll be great motivation for me as I’m always looking for a new gym session to try out. Stinks that you couldn’t sleep in on a Saturday, but so awesome that you got so much accomplished already! I’m having the opposite problem – woke up at 9:30, can’t get started, just had breakfast but need to run and get going with my day!!

Christy June 13, 2009 at 10:04 am

I was up at 4am and could not go back to sleep. What’s a girl to do? Go to the gym and start my day with an awesome workout. I love going to the gym early because no one is there and I feel like it’s my own private gym! Happy Weekend!

Anna June 13, 2009 at 10:24 am

Look at you go! I love getting stuff done early in the AM, even though I rarely wake before 7:30 if I don’t have to. But it’s earlier than most people my age get up, that’s for sure. Have a good sunny Saturday!

zestycook June 13, 2009 at 10:32 am

I was up really early today as well Tina but I didn’t accomplish nearly as much as you did! Great to see you made good use out of your time.

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) June 13, 2009 at 10:36 am

It always feels good to accomplish a ton of stuff early in the AM :)

april June 13, 2009 at 10:36 am

yay I love seeing your work-outs! It gives me great ideas. I don’t know how you always make your oats look so thick.. they look delish!

Mel June 13, 2009 at 10:59 am

Sounds like a super productive morning, I totally feel your pain with being up super early!

Evan Thomas June 13, 2009 at 11:32 am

It may sound weird, but I have always loved when I wake up at 3 or 4 and can’t get back to bed. I try to fall asleep for an hour or so, but after that I just decide to start my day. When school was in session, I loved using that time to get extra work done. Nowadays I’ll either go out for a (really) early morning run or put on a movie and make myself a breakfast fit for watching a movie.

Karina Pinzon June 13, 2009 at 11:33 am

Ooh 4:45 on a Saturday? Ouch. You aren’t the only one who didn’t sleep in though, I had to wake up at 5:50 to get an early start on our mini roadtrip to Arlington, Texas.
    I’ve never tried Barney Butter. Looks good!

Coco (cocoeatsandcritiques) June 13, 2009 at 11:53 am

I really like how you post your workouts!!! When I don’t take group classes I have a hard time planning a good workout, so I may have to follow your routine. Love the balance of strength training with a quick 30 min cardio! Finally it’s sunny here in Bean Town!!!!

Amanda June 13, 2009 at 12:07 pm

ah! how ironic that you’re sleeping through your alarm during the week and waking up at 5 on the weekend! way to take advantage of those extra hours though! thanks for posting your workout – always like to see what you do (especially lifting since i’m pretty clueless!) do you have a workout playlist?? i’d love to get some new music ideas!!

vegancowgirl June 13, 2009 at 12:33 pm

That barney butter looks amazing in the oatmeal. I always just stick to the boring old (but super duper tasty) p.b. that I can get here at the British store…will have to have a look for Barney Butter.

Run Sarah June 13, 2009 at 1:18 pm

I was awake super early today too, finally fell back asleep and it was time to get up! Love your oat combo, I still need to try Barney Butter!

Meg June 13, 2009 at 2:14 pm

Love the new placemats! I woke up really early this morning too. Must be something in the air.

Lynn June 13, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Do you think you’ll be taking an afternoon snooze? I WOULD!

Sarah June 15, 2009 at 2:01 pm

Yay for getting stuff accomplished! I woke up at 6 on both Saturday and Sunday and felt like an old lady but it really helped me get my day started in order to have more fun later ;-)