I can’t remember the last time that I had oven-roasted tomatoes. It’s probably been years, but man, are they delicious!
In my fridge, I had a wrinkly tomato that needed to be eaten ASAP (it was now or never!), so oven-roasted tomatoes were the perfect option.
Medium tomatoes, sliced crosswise
Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400*F
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil; coat lightly with cooking spray
- Arrange tomato slices on prepared baking sheet; cut end facing up.
- Sprinkle tomato slices with salt and pepper. (I also used a little garlic salt.)
- Roast until the tomatoes shrivel slightly and the edges start to brown, approximately 30 minutes.
- Top with fresh shredded Parmesan (optional).
For dinner, I also ate the final slice of my veggie quesadilla from Border.
This piece was super-duper cheesy!
And, dessert was two Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Olive Oil Muffins and a handful of M&M’s. My chocolate cravings were intense tonight!
Waiting in my mailbox this evening was lots of yummy tea! Both Sarah of Tales of Expansion and Yogi Tea sent me some fun and interesting flavors: Sugar Cookie, Berry Detox, Mexican Sweet Chili, and Green Tea Pomegranate. I can’t wait to try them all! 😀
Mal and I also received a homemade Valentine from my mom. The baby model is my husband about 26 years ago. Isn’t he a cutie?
FYI: Lucy and Charlie Bucket are my mom’s cats. Mal’s parents’ cats, Gatto and Monet, also sent us a Valentine’s Day card. Their card had a cartoon cat with a heart-shaped hairball on it! Those crazy cats! 😉 Isn’t it fun when parents send things from their pets?
Time to catch up with Lost. Night, bloggies!