Yummy breakfast!!! I made Barney Butter-stuffed French toast! Every bite was like tasting heaven!
Check out the melty almond butter goodness! 😀
With my BB-stuffed French toast, I also had some blood orange slices on the side.
Almond Butter-Stuffed French Toast
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of almond butter
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl to create the French toast batter. Mix well. Set aside.
- Take 2 slices of bread, and spread 1 tbsp of almond butter on one slice. I used Arnold’s Bakery Light whole wheat bread, which worked great because it is thinly sliced (and just 40 calories a slice).
- Stick both pieces of bread together; almond butter on the inside.
- Coat both pieces of bread with French toast batter, keeping almond butter on the inside of the 2 pieces.
- Heat skillet and coat with non-stick spray.
- Place bread in skillet; heat both sides until lightly browned, approximately 2-3 minutes each side.
- Top Almond butter-stuffed French toast with maple syrup (optional).
- Eat and enjoy!