I’m not going to lie, cooking brussels sprouts always kind of made me nervous. Don’t get me wrong– I LOVE brussels sprouts, especially roasted brussels sprouts, but I never knew how to cook them. I didn’t grow-up eating brussels sprouts, and I haven’t even had much experience eating them, but tonight was the night to give roasting them in the oven a whirl!
- Start with approximately 9 oz of raw brussels sprouts.
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Cut brussels sprouts in half.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste to brussels sprouts.
- Mix all together, coating brussels sprouts well with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place brussels sprouts halves on baking pan.
- Roast in oven for about 20 minutes, until golden brown. Flip brussels sprouts halfway through cooking.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
My brussels sprouts came out excellent! They had lots of flavor and were perfectly roasted– not too crunchy, not too mushy. Perfect-o! 😀