Oh my gosh, this Chocolate Pumpkin Loaf came out so well! I’m so pleased! It’s super moist and chocolately, almost like chocolate cake, but with hints of cinnamon and nutmeg. It would make the perfect dessert after Thanksgiving dinner, especially with a warm cup of coffee or tea.
- 1.25 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 can (7.5 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325*F. Grease loaf pan.
2. Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl; blend well.
3. Once mixed, pour batter into loaf pan.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until top is firm and a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Allow loaf to cool for 15 minutes; dust with powdered sugar (if desired).