Oh my gosh, this Chocolate Pumpkin Loaf came out so well! I’m so pleased! 😀 It’s super moist and chocolately, almost like chocolate cake, but with hints of cinnamon and nutmeg. It would make the perfect dessert after Thanksgiving dinner, especially with a warm cup of coffee or tea.
- 1.25 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 can (7.5 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325*F. Grease loaf pan.
2. Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl; blend well.
3. Once mixed, pour batter into loaf pan.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until top is firm and a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Allow loaf to cool for 15 minutes; dust with powdered sugar (if desired).