• 3-Mile Challenge

October 6, 2008

Ok, guys… l’m going to pretend that today just didn’t happen. I’ve been running around like a chicken with its head cut off all day long. I didn’t take many photos, I just got home from HW, and I really, really, really want to eat dinner (in a bad way!), sooooo I’m going to blog about my workout instead. :)

Like most of today, my workout was super rushed. I had about 30-35 minutes to squeeze in a quick one, so I decided on a fast and furious treadmill run, which I call the “3-Mile Challenge.”

How to:

• Warm up for 5 minutes (brisk walk/slow jog)
    • Run (and time) mile #1
    • Recovery – 2 minute walk
    • Run (and time) mile #2. Try to improve your time from mile #1.
    • Recovery – 2 minute walk
    • Run (and time) mile #3. Try to improve your time from the previous two miles.
    • 5 minute cool down (walk)
    I’m off to run around and organize my life! It’s madness!

VeggieGirl October 6, 2008 at 8:55 pm

Hang in there with the craziness!

Meg October 6, 2008 at 9:34 pm

Awesome workout! I hope you get some rest tonight!

maggie October 6, 2008 at 10:30 pm

Thanks for the workout idea :)

anon October 6, 2008 at 10:39 pm

hi, I’m hoping you can help me with my question.

I’m really trying hard to lose weight and watching my calorie intake. I’m eating healthy whole foods.. not junk. I’m trying to stay at 1300 calories for non workout days and 1500 for workout days.

.. now when I work out should I eat 1500 calories and thats it. or say I burned 400 calories at the gym I can eat 1900 calories?

anyones intake on this?

Melissa October 7, 2008 at 8:51 am

That does sound like a good challenge!!!! I can’t wait until I can build up again and run 3 miles! :)

Shane April 19, 2010 at 2:08 pm

replying to #4 anon: actually, depends on your age decade. For active women in their 30′s, they should intake 1700 calories. If that helps.

Steph March 2, 2011 at 3:54 pm

I recently came across your blog (looove it!) and was so happy to see this workout on your page! I used to do a version of this in college, and I just tried it again… it was a lot harder than I remembered! Thanks for the inspiration!