I may have just tasted the most delicious recipe I have ever created! I am totally impressed with these cookies! Mal gave the perfect description for these cookies: “You know what they remind me of… those Girl Scout cookies with the coconut… the Samoas… only without the chocolate. Delicious! They’re really good.” And the he ate five of them with a glass of milk.
Coconut Date Cookies
Makes 12 cookies
1 cup pitted dates (approximately 15-20 whole dates)
1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp canola oil
1/4 cup soy milk
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Put all ingredients in a blender/food processor and blend well until there are no large date pieces.
- Portion mixture into 1 inch balls, place on greased cookie sheet, and flatten with the back of a spoon/spatula.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes on 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven and cool on cookie rack.
- Store cookies in the refrigerator.
Samoas Option: Melt 1/4 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave. Using a fork dipped into the melted chocolate, drizzle on top of cookies. (Cookies should be cool).